The Encore Musician Code of Conduct outlines the very minimum level of conduct Encore musicians must adhere to when carrying out a booking.
It constitutes Clause 17 of the full Musician Terms, which can be found here.
- By accepting a booking, all Encore Musicians agree to abide by the following Code of Conduct.
- The Artist agrees to provide a performance that is to the best of their ability, and that reflects the details laid out in their application during the booking process, including their profile, videos, audio, biography etc.
- The Artist will adhere to the Client’s wishes within reason, be polite and courteous with the Client, their guests and all venue staff and contractors.
- The Artist should take all possible measures to ensure that they are easily contactable by the Client, via phone and email.
- The Artist should arrive at the Event with sufficient time to set up and prepare for their performance. They should ensure they familiarise themselves with the necessary venue contacts and the location of emergency exits.
- The Artist agrees to provide all necessary equipment and instruments for their performance, unless it has been agreed that it will be provided by the Client or a third party.
- The Artist also agrees to take responsibility for all necessary tests (such as PAT tests) and checks on the equipment to ensure that the equipment is in good working order.
- The Artist agrees that they will not be under the influence of alcohol or recreational drugs, during or after their performance or when they are in the presence of the Client or other event staff. The taking of illegal drugs at any Encore booking is strictly prohibited.
- The Artist agrees that they will not smoke where it is prohibited at the event venue.
- The Artist will not partake in any behaviour which is anti-social or deemed to reflect badly upon Encore or the Client.
- The Artist agrees to dress in an appropriate manner for the performance, unless the Client has agreed otherwise or a different outfit is necessary to the performance.